No Minimum Order
There is no minimum dollar amount for online orders (purchases made on the website). Some specific items may have minimum quantity requirements. Minimums may also apply for specially priced items and custom products.
Tax Exempt Status
Shipments outside the State of Pennsylvania are shipped tax free.
Shipments within Pennsylvania may be tax exempt but require a PA Tax Number ID and a signed form which permits the exemption. Lacking a signed form from PA residents, we will charge the appropriate sales tax as required by law.
Please Fax your form with the ID# inserted and signed to 412-321-7253.
Hours of Operation
Customer service is available during our business hours ( 8:00 AM thru 5:30 PM Eastern time Monday thru Friday )
Orders placed before 2 pm EST, (Monday through Friday) will be shipped the same day. All other orders will be shipped the next business day.
For all telephone numbers please click on Contact Us
Accepted Methods of Payment
MrTakeOutBags.com accepts the following forms of payment:
- Discover Card
- American Express
MrTakeOutBags is headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA
855 South Canal Street
Pittsburgh PA 15212
Privacy & Security:
Shipping & Delivery
MrTakeOutBags.com ships all orders via FedEx. Factors determining how your order will ship include:
- Special Shipping Instructions
- Residential vs. Business Address
- Shipping Location
To view an estimate and shipping options to your area, select "shipping rates" in the Your Shopping Cart feature just below the product category tree on the left side . Keep in mind, estimates are subject to change and are derived from your zip code and items currently in your shopping cart.
Delivery Terms & Conditions
FedEx will return to shipper Ground packages requiring no Delivery Confirmation Signature Services following the third delivery attempt to consignees in the U.S. and Puerto Rico. This means FedEx will no longer send post cards and hold these packages in the center for five business days. Signature Required, Adult Signature Required, 3 Day Select, Air and International packages will continue to follow the current package center hold procedures.
Correction of Addresses
If FedEx is unable to deliver any package as addressed by the shipper, or if the package has an incorrect or incomplete address (examples include, but are not limited to, P.O. Boxes, missing suite, apartment, or unit numbers, old addresses, and missing/incorrect ZIP Codes), FedEx will make reasonable efforts to be determined in its sole discretion, to secure the correct or complete address. An address validated by FedEx may be incorrect or incomplete for purposes of completing delivery, and may be corrected by FedEx. If the correct or complete address is secured, FedEx, at its sole discretion, will attempt delivery, and the shipper will be provided with the correct or complete address in order to update its internal records. An additional charge, set forth in the FedEx Rates applicable to the shipment in effect at the time of shipping, will be assessed for an address correction. If FedEx has to verify or make a change to the address in order to correctly deliver on an order a $10 additional charge per package will be added to your charge card to cover the added FedEx costs charged to us.
Definition of Delivery
Delivery for all purposes shall be deemed to include, but not be limited to: delivery to the consignee or the consignee’s actual or apparent agent or representative, delivery to the address or location specified in the FedEx shipping system, delivery to any person present at the address or location specified in the FedEx shipping system, delivery to a reasonable alternate address or location, delivery in accordance with trade custom or usage, delivery pursuant to FedEx’s driver release procedures, delivery pursuant to FedEx’s shipper release procedures, or delivery otherwise permitted under the FedEx Tariff/Terms and Conditions of Service. FedEx does not limit delivery of a package to the person specified as the consignee on the source document or in the FedEx shipping system. Unless the recipient requests Delivery Confirmation service requiring a signature, FedEx reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to make a delivery without obtaining a signature.
When choosing an address to have your order shipped to may be important to have it going to an address that has someone available to receive and secure the order. If you do not have an address that can be safe to have FedEx just leave a package at the address without a signature, please phone in your order. By phoning in the order we can designate to FedEx that a “Signature is Required” for an additional FedEx Fee of $5.00 per package. This will protect you in that it will not be left unsigned and possibly stolen. MrTakeOutBags & FedEx are not responsible for orders that are missing, stolen or damaged after delivery by the driver. The FedEx driver has the discretion to leave a package unsigned, but they will not assume any liability unless you specify “Signature Required for Delivery”.
When will my order ship?
We ship all orders via FedEx, and shipping time depends on the method you've selected and your location relative to our shipping points. In addition to FedEx Ground, we offer a variety of faster air options.
FedEx Ground Orders: If your order is placed by 2:00pm EST (Monday - Friday), your order will ship the same day for in-stock products. Some products may be shipped directly from the manufacturer. In these cases your order will ship within 48 hours. Most of our orders ship from our main Midwest warehouse in Pennsylvania, but some orders may ship from our distribution facilities around the USA, such as Minnesota, Oregon, California, Oklahoma, Atlanta, New York, Ohio, Kentucky, Wisconsin or Alabama.
FedEx Overnight / 2 Day / Express Saver Orders: If your order is placed by 1:00pm EST (Monday - Friday), your order will ship the same day for in-stock products.
NOTE: For time sensitive orders please call us toll-free at 888-321-2248 for exact shipping lead times and delivery options.
Most orders (over 95%) will ship complete the same day the order is placed provided we have it before 2PM EST. When we are out of stock on something we usually can drop ship that item which may increase the lead time by a couple days. If we anticipate a longer delay than a couple days we will contact you to see if an alternate item will work or if you will allow us more time to fulfill your order. We try our hardest to maintain our inventory of all things at all times but erratic or unexpected order flow or factory delays sometimes come into play. We promise to always do whatever we can to get your needs met in the time frame you require.
FedEx Shipping Guidelines within the United States:
- FedEx Ground (1-4 days with most orders)
- FedEx Express Saver (Guaranteed 3 Business Days)
- FedEx 2 Day (Guaranteed 2 Business Days)
- FedEx Priority Overnight (Guaranteed Next Business Day)
If I order an item from MrTakeOutBags.com specifying Priority Overnight, 2 Day, or FedEx Express Saver when will I receive the packages?
- AS PREVIOUSLY NOTED: PLEASE CALL US for time sensitive orders. Toll-Free at 888-321-2248 for the right FedEx Ground or more costly Expedited 1-2 or 3 Day AIR Options. FedEx has Guaranteed Day-Definite Delivery Time Options, and we can help you select what will best meet your specific needs. We're happy to help and know this can be confusing. For more details on FedEx Guaranteed Day-Definite Delivery please visit FedEx.com 24/7/365 or call us during our normal business hours.
- When you will get delivery depends primarily on what day and time of day (Eastern Standard Time) you place the order, which warehouse we ship the items from, where the order ships to relative to our shipping point, and what time you fall on the FedEx delivery route that day. We are also assuming we have all the items available to ship that business day in the examples below. If we do not have an item we will contact you to offer an alternative, but usually we have everything available in stock to ship right away. Items we do not have in our primary "Midwest" Pittsburgh, PA, warehouse may be available in one of our other warehouse shipping points. In some areas of higher risk, a signature is required for certain deliveries, so please check with your local FedEx terminal or your FedEx driver to determine if they will drop off your packages without you being present to sign for them. Business locations are best and are less costly to ship to than residential locations.
- Business Days are Monday through Friday, excluding the Holidays that FedEx recognizes. We ship orders each day from what came in after 2PM the prior business day or weekend, up to 2PM that business day. It is important to understand that Saturdays and Sundays are not counted in the number of days FedEx computes to deliver your order.
- Never count the day you placed the order, or the day it was shipped (which may or may not be the same day). You start the count with "ONE" being the day after the item shipped.
- Priority Overnight EXAMPLES: A Priority Overnight order placed after 2PM EST Friday and before 2PM EST Monday will arrive Tuesday. A Next Day Air order placed Tuesday at 9AM EST will arrive Wednesday. A Next Day Air order placed Thursday at 4:30PM EST will ship Friday to arrive Monday.
- 2 Day EXAMPLES: A 2 Day Shipment placed Monday at 5PM EST would be delivered Thursday. A 2 ND day Air Shipment placed after Friday at 2PM EST, or Saturday or Sunday will arrive on Wednesday. A 2 ND Day Air Shipment placed Wednesday at 5PM EST would be delivered Monday.
- Express Saver EXAMPLES: An Express Saver order is placed on Tuesday before 2PM EST, so that order shipped that day and thus will deliver on Friday. You don't count the days it was ordered. An order placed at 4PM Wednesday specifying 3 Day Select won't ship until Thursday so it will arrive Tuesday.
To view your shipping costs, select "shipping rates" in the Your Shopping Cart page. Keep in mind, estimates are subject to change and are derived from your zip code and items currently in your shopping cart.
Shipping outside the United States
Please note that Canadian shipments may incur tariffs, taxes, customs and brokerage fees for which you are responsible. For information about rates for customs clearance into Canada visit www.FedEx.com.
MrTakeOutBags.com DOES NOT PROCESS ORDERS WHICH REQUIRE INTERNATIONAL SHIPPING WITH THE FOLLOWING EXCEPTIONS:
- PUERTO RICO
FOR COUNTRIES NOT LISTED ABOVE - WE WILL SHIP TO YOUR FREIGHT FORWARDER IN THE USA. Buyer’s from outside the United States may use their own Freight Forwarder’s USA address to facilitate the international shipping needs. If you choose to ship via a Freight Forwarder, simply provide their ship to address on your online order form, and that address is what will be used in processing the USA portion of your freight costs. We unfortunately do not know, and thus cannot arrange a freight forwarder that can best serve your needs.
For more information please call us at: 888-321-2248
Returns can only be accepted within 30 days of the delivery date. All regularly stocked items may be returned to us if the item has not been used, is in its original packaging and is in factory-fresh, saleable condition. Partial quantity returns of a product are not accepted. All original shipping charges will apply to returned products. Customers are responsible for shipping costs to return the product(s) to our warehouse. A 20% re-stocking fee applies for this type of return. However, before any adjustments can be made, you must contact our customer service department to get a Return Authorization Number and to make arrangements for the return shipping at your expense. No returns will be accepted or credited without prior authorization from MrTakeOutBags. Upon receipt and inspection of the returned item(s), a refund or credit will be issued to your credit card used in the transaction.
Special order(non-stock) items may be returned if unused and in saleable condition, based on that manufacturer's return policy. Since manufacturers' return policies and restocking fees vary, please contact our customer service department for details.
Partial cases or items repacked in non-original packaging are not returnable, as they are not resalable. Additionally, returns cannot be accepted for close-out items.
All products shipped by MrTakeOutBags are guaranteed for quality. If a quality issue arises, please call MrTakeOutBags for instructions. Occasionally a few items in a case may be defective, and you may be requested to send us samples of the problem item(s) to receive the proper credit or product replacement. All original shipping charges will not be credited
After consulting with our customer service department and receiving your Return Authorization Number, you may return item(s). Please do not write on the outside of the packaging. When shipping the item(s), unless directed otherwise by our customer service department, please send to:
- Attention: Return Number (Use Your Return Authorization Number)
- 855 South Canal Street
- Pittsburgh, PA 15212
If order is refused at time of delivery for any reason, FedEx shipping fees back to our warehouse will be deducted from your credit.
Why do we charge restocking fees?
Quite simply we charge these fees to keep our prices as low as possible for you. When an item is returned, there are a number of costs associated with processing the return - checking the item in, inspecting it, returning it to the warehouse, adjusting inventory counts, just to name a few. Companies that don't charge restocking fees simply pass the costs of their returns onto their customers through higher prices. Instead of raising our prices, we only charge a restocking fee for items that are returned to us. The industry standard for restocking fees is 30%, but we've lowered it to 20% for our customers.
Many items are named by their dimensions. The order in which the dimensions appear will depend on the product category. Here are some popular examples:
- Boxes (L x W x H)
- Bags (W x L)
- Tissue (L x W)
What is "Mil" strength?
A "mil" is a unit of thickness equal to one thousandth of an inch. Thus, a 2 mil bag would be .002 inches thick.
Custom Printed Products
MrTakeOutBags.com can provide custom printing on all of your bags, boxes, and tissue needs. We can help design and produce professional packaging materials to give your business a professional look that your customers will appreciate and you will benefit in having your store name exposed to additional customers.
About 60% of our business is in custom sizes, colors, and prints of bags, boxes, tissue, gift wrap and other accessories.
To learn more about custom options please call us at 888-321-2248.
How to Request a Sample
Samples may be requested by contacting us by phone or email. While most samples will be free of charge, some may have a cost to cover the item. Those requesting samples will be charged actual shipping and handling.
No guarantee on Post Printing
We make no guarantees that products purchased through MrTakeOutBags.com can or cannot be printed, post purchase, using your printing device. You may contact us for product samples for testing purposes.